5 Ways to Reset your Mindset
Your mindset determines your reactions to your daily life events. Whether it's your child bothering you to take them to the mall, your boss informing you of your low performance, or even receiving praise for a successful project, you have to have a level headed mindset so that your emotional ego doesn't go out of control. No one likes to be out of control, uncomfortable, have low self-esteem, or feel like the world is resting on their shoulders. But yet, people are walking around in their lives like zombies attached to their smartphones, frustrated that their lives aren't where they want it to be.
In this new 2020 vision year, it's time to reset your mindset and change the trajectory of your life so that you can look back when the clock strikes 2021 and think I don't know how I'm going to top 2020. Follow these 5 strategies and change the way you think in 2020 and beyond:
- Read books that are uplifting. Reading not only helps you to think different thoughts than the ones you're always thinking, but they also have the power to help you take greater actions in your life. Reading makes you smarter because you're consuming a language and a world that is different from your own, and your brain loves new information!
- Take time for yourself, first thing in the morning. If your life is hectic from the moment you wake up, wake up earlier and take 30 minutes or more, and do things that give you joy – reading, writing, working out, or just sitting quietly in the morning sun. Let this time be a daily gift to yourself. If you don't take care of yourself, who else will?
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself how it's gonna be! Most of us are caught up in thoughts that replay over and over again and make us doubt ourselves and keep us from the things that give us joy. Look in the mirror and stare into your own eyes, and tell yourself how amazing you are, how much love you have to give, and how you are going to make a great difference in the world. Tell yourself exactly what you want in your life and the thoughts that consume you have no place in your future.
- Listen to motivational speakers. Hearing motivational speakers daily will keep you in a motivated mindset. They help to give you the words to tell yourself and even others. They set you up on a high vibration of energy and excitement that will be infectious to all those you come into contact with.
- Pause before you act. Have you ever said something to someone and instantly regretted it? A simple pause to think about what's about to come out of your mouth is a great tool to reset your mindset. Words are powerful tools, and they can be used to hurt or heal. You owe it to yourself and those you come into contact with, to pause for a moment, take a deep breath, and share words that will uplift and encourage.
In this society where work is in the palms of our hands, information is accessible instantly, and our social lives tend to be online, it's important that when we engage with people, we do so in a helpful manner. Even if you're talking to a stranger who is bagging your groceries, or a waiter putting your dinner on the table, have a mindset that generates an enormous amount of compassion and encouragement, especially to yourself. When you start to focus on your mindset, focus on the thoughts that you think, and think thoughts that are good and helpful, your whole life will begin to unfold, and the beauty of your purpose will be visible.